Looking for something creative to do that doesn't require a lot of skill and time? We made these fun paper mache letters with only $15 and while watching TV and doing laundry. Talk about multitasking. They are a new decoration for our office, a new cover photo for our Facebook page, and they just make us feel happy!
Get Together From Your Own Supplies or Buy:
Paper Mache Letters from Hobby Lobby that spell out anything you like. They are $2.99 each but go on sale a lot, so just wait if you are thrifty.
Also purchase or use some of your own: Mod Podge, scrapbook paper to decorate the front of the letters, paint for the side of the letters, a paintbrush, a pencil, x-acto knife, scissors, and cutting mat.
1. Paint the sides of the letters and let dry (throw in a load of laundry while you wait).
2. Put the letters on top of the scrapbook paper, trace, and cut out the paper with scissors.
3. Apply a thin layer of mod podge to the tops of the letters and press the paper on.
4. Switch the laundry while waiting for the paper to dry and watch TV. Do not feel guilty about taking a break. Flip the letters over and trim the edges of the paper with the x-acto knife if needed.
5. Coat the tops and sides of the letters with mod podge, let dry, and repeat if desired.
Success! Cute new decor for your house AND you did a load of laundry. Pat yourself on the back. Repeat if desired.